- ½ cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 large tablespoons of low fat frozen yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats
- ½ banana
- 1 cup 100% fruit juice or skim/no fat/low fat milk
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
1. Blend all ingredients together and enjoy!
Tip: Having this smoothie with skim or low fat milk gives you a serve of dairy and includes a highly bioavailable (absorbed) source of calcium. All sorts of ingredients can be trialled with smoothies – try including 30 grams (small handful) of nuts in place of rolled oats. Fluids are not as satiating (filling) as whole foods so be sure to not use them as an addition to a meal, but rather as a snack between meals or an option when one is time-poor.