Crumbled feta with smoked salmon and egg
- ¼ avocado
- ¼ lemon
- 2 slices smoked salmon
- 2 slices of wholegrain bread (any variety)
- 2 boiled eggs (or other method as per your preference)
- Tablespoon Danish feta cheese
1. Add 2 eggs to cold water and bring to boil. Once water is boiling, turn off saucepan, and leave in
hot water for 4-5 minutes before submersing eggs in cold water. 4 minutes for softer boiled and 5 minutes for harder boiled.
2. Scoop avocado flesh into a bowl and mix with lemon juice from ¼ lemon. Mash together with a fork and spread onto toasted wholegrain bread. Add smoked salmon and peeled eggs (cut into strips) to toast.
3. Break up feta cheese into small pieces and sprinkle over the top.
Fun fact: It is a misconception that eggs increase your blood cholesterol level. They can be enjoyed every day of the week, in combination with a healthy food intake that is low in ‘bad’ fats and high in ‘good’ fats (as prescribed in this book)! You can check if eggs are fresh by placing them in a bowl of water. If they float they are old, if they sink they are fresh. Store them in the fridge.