Lamb and vegetable stir fry
Cooking on the Interval Weight Loss plan is meant to be easy and it’s designed so everyone in the family can enjoy – real food that is simple and delicious. This is a quick and easy recipe that is an ideal way to use up vegetables, whatever is on hand or in season.
260 g lamb strips (you can buy pre-marinated from your local butcher)
4 cups mixed vegetables, chopped into bite-sized pieces (in this example we used carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, shallots, snow peas and chilli)
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 ½ cup brown rice or wholegrain noodles
1. Using a medium-sized saucepan, add 3 cups of water and rice, bringing to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered for 25 minutes.
2. Pre-heat a large frypan on medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and lamb, cooking for 3-5 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove from heat and place in a bowl.
3. Using the same frypan, add another 2 tablespoons of olive oil, carrots, broccoli and cauliflower, allowing to cook for 5 minutes.
4. Add shallots and snow peas to the frypan, cooking for a further 2 minutes.
5. Return lamb to pan and cook for a few minutes until heated and cooked to liking.
6. Remove rice and serve into bowls. Add lamb and vegetables on top.